Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Special guest blogger tomorrow!

I know you all are sitting at home (or more likely your office) wondering, what on earth does Braided and Egged have in-store for us this St. Patrick's Day. A patented family recipe for jello shots? A breakdown of the health benefits of green beer vs. normal colored beer? A shamrocking rock candy recipe? 

Scorekeepers in Ann Arbor serving up green beer.
The answer is even better folks (although now I am curious about the green dye thing, let me know if you want to guest post on that). 

That's right, a guest blogger with a cake recipe involving beer. So stayed tuned for her debut tomorrow!

And because you asked so nicely, my recipe for spirited jello (I know my Nini will really appreciate this one). 

Shamrocking Jello

Ingredients:
  • 2 boxes NON-SUGAR FREE lime green Jello (I repeat, please do not try to out sorority me, this is not Sushi With My Girls for the love of the Irish do not use sugar-free Jello)
  • 2 cups boiling water
  • 2 cups chilled Boone's Farm flavored beverage of choice

Directions:

Pour contents of Jello into large bowl. Pour boiling water over Jello. Stir until powder dissolves. Pour chilled Boone's into bowl. Portion out Jello to fit into small plastic cups of choice, placing cups onto a baking sheet. Put baking sheet in fridge and chill until set. Make sure not to get caught leaving the sorority house with said baking sheet.

Enjoy responsibly! 

Most decidedly not guest blogger.




2 comments:

  1. Although it depends on how the beer is prepared and which dye they use, I've done my research, and apparently they have come a long way in the beverage dying industry. Some dyes contain all natural ingredients, with little to no side affects.

    So you can feel good about your insides turning green.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Arielle - I am loving your new blog, especially this post's featured picture, which I believe I took :)

    ReplyDelete