Tuesday, April 19, 2011

17 Hours and Counting

So it's been what, 17 hours since your last carb? 24 hours? Or are you eating a bagel right now?


Have the cravings kicked in yet? I for one was devastated by the revelation that my plan to eat sashimi and seaweed salad for the next week or so was not K4P (like I would ever let a little rice wine vinegar stand in my way???).

My friend Ben was apparently over Passover bright and early this morning because he was ready with suggestions for post-Pesach challah. Sounds like a jelly doughnut disguised as a challah, which of course I have no problem with.

So what do you miss or would you miss if you were keeping Passover this year? Anything delicious at your seder table last night you want to brag about (this is your cue Nini)? I want to hear from you!

 
First reader to send me a video of themselves singing the Frog Song wins a jelly doughnut challah.   


Zeesa Pesach! (Have a Sweet Passover!)

PS: The Key Lime Pie was a huge hit last night. If there was even a sliver left I would post a pic but no dice. Highly recommend if you have time to make for seder tonight!

7 comments:

  1. I would like to brag about my Gulfilte Fish. You read it right. Down south we Jews make Gefilte Fish out of Grouper and Red Snapper. Take that Yankees!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that is love Scott, you definitely beat our GEFILTE fish (shout-out to the good people at Chevy Chase Seafood Market who make it from scratch so I don't have to).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I was eating that bagel! I'm planning on some matzah pizza tonight! Cant wait for some more kosher for pesach recipes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum. Make mine with extra cheese please!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really liked the pulled pork sandwiches on kaiser rolls, as well as the bacon lettuce and tomato sandwiches on whole wheat bread. The pita and hummus was delicious as well, but I think the cornbread really took the cake. Next year I'm doing a French-themed dinner, with croissants and baguettes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, I really need to start shopping at your Kosher Mart Cam!

    ReplyDelete